If, following your consultation with your doctor, you have been referred to the Outpatient department, then there are 2 pathways to book your appointment: (please see below for referrals to the Primary Mental Health Service)
If you have been told to book your appointment through Choose and Book:
- You will have been given a yellow referral slip.
- Take the yellow slip to reception and one of our booking co-ordinators will book the hospital appointment with you, there and then.
- The booking co-ordinator will hand you a letter containing all relevant information, date and time of appointment.
- If an appointment cannot be made directly you will be given details to contact Choose and Book to arrange your own appointment.
Some consultant and certain speciality referrals have to be sent via the Community Patient Contact Centre (CPCC). If this is the case:
- Your doctor will dictate a referral letter, which will then be typed by a medical secretary
- Your doctor will then check and sign the letter, which will then be sent to the CPCC
- The appointment will be made by the CPCC and sent to you
If you have been referred to the Primary Mental Health Service, FirstStep, then click...
here to download information & help to access the service (in MS Word format) or
here to download information & help to access the service (Acrobat Reader)
If you want to refer yourself to the Stop Smoking Service
, then download and print the form, complete it and return it.